OBJECTIVE OF POLICY:
TO OUTLINE TERMS, LIMITATIONS AND OBLIGATIONS OF EQUIPMENT LOANS AND SERVICES PROVIDED BY AUDIOVISUAL SERVICES.
The following guidelines are used to control and regulate the prompt circulation and appropriate use of Binghamton University's Audiovisual Services equipment. Violations of stated policies are disruptive and will warrant fines or revocation of borrowing privileges.
- All equipment is reserved on a first come/first served basis.
- Maximum reserve time is one week.
- Clients may not renew/extend a reservation to chain a series of reservations sequentially for the same device.
- Equipment you are scheduled to use will be available so long as the previous client returns it on time and without damage.
- Equipment not picked up by the end of the business day requested will result in cancellation of order, unless prior arrangements are made with Audiovisual Services.
- All clients must produce and display a valid BINGHAMTON UNIVERSITY ID
*NO ID, NO EQUIPMENT!*
- Clients must sign an acknowledgment of responsibility form at the time of equipment pickup.
- Clients are encouraged to inspect equipment with Audiovisual Services personnel to learn its operation and be sure that any damage or signs of abnormal wear and tear are noted BEFORE equipment is signed for.
- When equipment is returned to Audiovisual Services, it will be inspected for any damage or missing accessories. Any missing cables or damage will be billed to the client.
Equipment replacement cost examples:
|Analog VHS Camcorder w/tripod||$ 650.|
|Digital Camcorder w/tripod||$ 650.|